SIMULATION MODELING & MACHINE LEARNING, PART TIME POSITION STARTING FALL 2018
Build-r is a robotic construction company, founded 1.5 years ago, with the vision of bringing decades of proven technology from the field of industrial robotics and automation to the construction industry. The company focuses on the process of interior wall installation using gypsum and plywood boards and have recently finished the development of the first industrial scale prototype making Build-r one of a few players globally to compete for the leading position within construction automation.
Build-r is now looking to recruit an engineer with an interest in machine learning and robotic process simulation modelling using cutting edge computational science.
To start, the position will be temporary 6-12 months, 35-65 % of full time with the intention of extending to a future full-time position. Salary and benefits will be discussed during the interview process, we can also employ you as a consultant.
Based on highly detailed object-oriented models of a building’s interior wall system (the studs and the boards), as well as experimental data from empirical tests and simulation of Build-r’s robot, the task will be to develop a discrete event simulation model for the automated installation process that can be improved iteratively.
The model will be used to predict the need of resources (materials, manpower, and time) long before the live installation is carried out to estimate the costs and benefits of using robotics in each project. A graphical representation of the simulated process will be generated using industry standard design software and the simulation results will also be used to communicate with material suppliers and customers.
- You are solutions-oriented, self-motivated and like the idea of building first-of-a-kind technology.
- You are used to working in small teams collaborating closely with others
- We believe that you have a background within IT-engineering, programming or systems engineering or similar
- You speak Swedish or English fluently
- Experience of working with CAD programs, specifically CAD programs geared towards the construction industry such as Revit or ArchiCAD, the ROS environment or Matlab is beneficial.
If this is you, please reach out to us! We will be contacting and interviewing candidates continuously.
For questions call Andreas Söderberg at 070 404 09 21